Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The Young Lady Cain...(ie. Batgirl Cass)

Just a few sketches of my favorite female character...Cassandra Cain, aka batgirl III.
These are the Before and After stages of my trying to adapt a more realistic style as opposed to my anime style.

This one was done last year around fall. Just me practicing various expressions and hairstyles. I sketched them out at work with a ball point pen. As you can see most of it is pretty inconsistent and still rather anime-ish.

These were done two to three months later. Haven't really drawn her much since then. In the Outsiders, her hair was a pixie haircut like the top right-hand one. But in her miniseries, she's gone back to the MOP of hair she had when she first got her book. Hm...I just realized something. I haven't seen any artist draw Cass smiling since OYL. (and no her drug-induced Dragon Lady sneer does not count...) Then again, she hasn't been given much reason to smile either... :(

Currently working on something that features her. Hopefully, I do her some justice.

No comments: